Video Visitation Center & Remote Visitation Rules and Regulations
Video visitation will not be permitted during the operation of any motor vehicles or operating any machinery, or while performing any unsafe activities.
- All visits are recorded and are subject to be monitored.
- Video or Audio recording, screenshots or photographing of any portion of a remote or visitation center visit is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent suspension/revocation of visitation privileges.
- Video or audio recordings, screenshots, photographing and social media posting of any kind pertaining to your remote/visitation center visit is strictly prohibited and will result in permanent suspension/revocation of visitation privileges by the visitor.
- Video visitation is a privilege not a right, therefore video or audio recording, screenshots or photographing of any portion of a remote or visitation center visit by any reporter or journalist for any reason, including for their news media outlet, tabloid or otherwise is strictly prohibited and is subject to visitor violation sanctions, and will result permanent suspension/revocation of visitation privileges.
- Video Visitation appointments are available through prescheduling only. Visits may be scheduled, modified, or cancelled no less than one (1) day to no more than seven (7) days in advance. Scheduling can be completed at the visitation kiosk located at the visitation center or online through the Combined Public Communications website listed below.
- A one-time registration is required prior to receiving access to remote and on-site scheduled visits. Visitor accounts may take up to 48 hours for approval.
- Visits may be scheduled for any available appointment times. Visits at the Video Visitation Center are free of charge and will last for 25 minutes. Remote Visits will be 25 minutes in duration and will end automatically at 25 minutes. Video Visitation availability is as follows:
- All inmates will receive two (2) 25-minute visits per week via the Visitation Center.
- Available visitation times will be shown at the time of scheduling.
- Inmate visitation is subject to postponement or cancellation due to jail emergency and administrative reasons. Cancellation notification will be sent via email or telephone message, if visitors have provided an email address or telephone number for contact.
- You must check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.
- No more than two (2) approved visitors can visit at a time. Minors under the age of 18 and infants are considered visitors and must have proper documentation (birth certificate/court order showing parent, guardian, or custodian information).
- All visitors must properly identify themselves upon arriving at the Video Visitation Center. Government Issued Picture I.D. is required. Valid Nebraska or other state Driver’s License, valid State I.D, valid passport or valid military I.D. are the only accepted identification. Only those scheduled to visit will be allowed in the video visitation center. Once you leave the video visitation center, you will not be allowed back in.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the video visitation area.
- Proper attire is always required. Shoes and shirts must be worn; suggestive clothing, see-through fabrics, halter or tube type tops, tank tops, short shorts and miniskirts will not be permitted. Appropriate clothing will be determined by the visitation center staff.
- Cell phones and electronic devices are prohibited inside the video visitation area. They MUST be turned OFF and secured in a locker.
- During your visit, you must remain at your visitation booth. Walking around the video visitation area or switching visitation booths is prohibited.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, any type of disruptive or suggestive behavior will not be permitted in the visiting area. Respect other visitors always.
- Smoking, chewing gum, eating, or drinking are not permitted in the video visitation area.
- Please do not leave trash in the visitation booth or visiting area.
- Do not damage or deface visiting booths or phones. Immediate termination of visit will occur. If found vandalizing any WCSO property you will be charged and prosecuted accordingly.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, call the CPC Help Line in the visitation room, or call 877-998-5678, or notify the visitation staff immediately.
- Visitors cannot be on parole, probation, recently released from this facility, or on work release without the prior written permission of the facility commander.
If you have any questions or concerns dealing with online visitation registration and/or scheduling system, please contact Combined Public Communications – Support. Visitor Support is available 24 hours a day. Call 877-998-5678
Visitor Visitation Violation Sanctions
Violations that may incur a 30-DAY suspension of visitation privileges:
- Visiting with an unscheduled inmate (1st offense)
- Sharing a visit with any other person that is not registered (1st offense)
- Having unregistered minors on a visit
- Inmate or visitor being verbally abusive towards staff
Violations that may incur a 90 DAY suspension of visitation privileges:
- Visiting with an Unscheduled inmate (2nd offense)
- Sharing a visit with any other person that is not registered (2nd offense)
- Any display of notes or inappropriate pictures / images during the visit
Violations that may incur a Permanent suspension of visitation privileges and may result in criminal charges and prosecution:
- Creating a safety and/or security risk
- Damage to county property
- Setting up a visit so an unauthorized minor can visit an inmate
- Visiting with an Unscheduled inmate (3rd offense)
- Sharing a visit with any other person that is not registered (3rd offense)
- Any use of an electronic device during the visit (i.e. cell phone, camera, video recorder, GoPro, tablet, or other recording device)
- Video/Audio recording, screenshots or photographing of any portion of the remote or visitation center visit
- Video/audio recordings, screenshots, photos posted on social media or any other media outlet or tabloid of any kind
- Indecent exposure by inmate or visitor
- When the Washington County Sheriff’s Office – Department of Corrections Administration or designee determines that the visit could jeopardize the security or orderly running of the facility, the visitor’s privilege may be permanently revoked
Immediate Termination of Visits (NO REFUND):
Visiting privileges may be cancelled, denied, restricted, and / or suspended under the following circumstances, but not limited to:
- When the facility commander or designee determines that the visit could jeopardize the security or orderly running of the facility, the visit will be canceled and / or denied.
- Visitors found in violation of any of the rules will be subject to temporary or permanent suspension of visiting privileges or other appropriate action.
- Inmates found in violation of the rules will be subject to temporary or permanent suspension of visiting privileges and the disciplinary process will be initiated.
- Visitation may be restricted if institutional security needs dictate such suspension.
- If the inmate has had his / her visitation privileges suspended as a result of a formal, sustained disciplinary action.
- When a visitor or inmate violates dress code.